2018 Aston Martin Vantage AMV 8
– New Vantage defined by bold new look, intensified performance and dynamics
– Powered by 4.0-litre, 510PS/685Nm twin-turbo V8 mated to eight-speed ZF transmission
– Maximum speed 195mph. 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds
– First Aston Martin to be fitted with an Electronic Rear Differential (E-Diff)
– Deliveries scheduled to begin second quarter of 2018
The backbone of the new Vantage is its bonded aluminium underframe. While the architecture of the car is based on Aston Martin’s next generation platform, 70% of its components are bespoke to the Vantage as it was essential the engineering team had the freedom to create the ideal foundation for a sports car. The result is an impressive dry weight of 1,530kg.
At 4465mm, the car is 284mm shorter than DB11, and is 34mm shorter than a Porsche 911. This compactness helps give the car its inherent agility – something for which the outgoing Vantage was renowned and on which this new model raises the bar.
The underframe features a solidly-mounted sub frame which creates an immensely rigid structure providing a very stable platform from which the suspension can control the car. This structure ensures that the driver feels very much a part of the car, creating a feeling of ‘direct connection’ that can be felt and appreciated by all drivers and relished by the most skilled.
70 total views, 2 views todayUnited States of America, United States, America, USA, US, Canada