It’s wedding season! Chances are you’ve been invited to at least one wedding this summer, and with it the attending bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners and, of course, bridal showers. All of these events have proper attire, so take these tips when planning your outfit for the next summer bridal shower you attend. This season go for pastels and tiny prints. Add an extra layer of femininity with draped dresses, full skirts, and, our favorite girly summer trend, peplums. Mix in some sparkle and shine, a pair of mod shades, and all you have left to do is find the perfect gift!
1. Rag & Bone Rowan Dress: Darling drapes. Feminine and flowing, the Rowan Dress is bridal shower perfection. Contrasting black leather accents provide structure and edge to an otherwise ethereal silhouette. Details like a smocked waist and cinch-able back cape add to the heavenly nature of this frock.
2. Rachel Zoe Daria Dress: Champagne toast. A lovely champagne pink is made bubbly with the addition of a metallic gold print. Add a nude heel or strappy stiletto, slim clutch and gold jewelry for a toast-worthy outfit. Full pleated skirt with wide waistband and v-neck. Structured, yet flirty!
3. Topshop Scuba Peplum Pencil Skirt: Pretty, pretty peplums. Our favorite choice for a bridal shower is a skirt or dress with peplums, a trend that shows off your style saavy. Tuck in a matching printed blouse, a neutral button-up or contrasting black tank to let this trend take center stage.
4. A.L.C. Juli Printed Silk-Georgette Blouse: The sleeveless button-up is a major trend this summer, and done in a tiny black on white print, is bridal shower ready. Pair with a pencil skirt (with peplum!) or wear tucked into a cute pair of shorts with a blazer. Add pumps to finish this pulled together, yet pretty look.
5. Rosena Sammi Jewelry Jai Vilas Stone Bangle Set: Bring on the bling. Showcase your personality with a blinged out bangle. Rosena Sammi styles theirs with all-over rhinestones set into gold pods. Stack up with more bracelets or mix up with your gold watch.
6. Matthew Williamson Oversized Retro Sunglasses: Retro-inspired, these over-sized shades add the glam factor to a pastel or pretty printed look. Anchoring your look, they ensure that your outfit has a dash of sophistication and grown-up glamor. Williamson’s shades are done up in rusty orange tortoiseshell, a color that complements any palette.
Happy Friday from all of us here at Celebrity Style Guide! We hope you are getting away for the weekend, whether it be a road trip to wine country, a party in the Hamptons, or just around the block for a BBQ with friends. Near or far, I’ve picked our essential weekend pieces. Your packing mainstays should be a pretty printed dress (dress down with flats or up with heels), a comfy cutoff (preppy with a open weave knit), and a sleeveless blouse (see yesterday’s post for more of our favorite sleeveless tops!). Add in a haute bikini under any of these pieces for waterside affairs. Layer in more trend with a woven tote, lace-up sandal, statement necklace and a pair of classic sunglasses.
1. Antik Batik Tica Print Dress: Wear Saturday afternoon with a pair of flat sandals and Saturday night with a wedge, a print dress is a must-have on our packing list for its versatility and ease of wear. This Antik Batik has a tunic-like feel with its easy fit, drawstring waist, deep v-neckline, and sheer sleeves. Also makes a gorgeous poolside cover-up!
2. Feel the Piece Boxy Boat Neck Sweater: Relaxed, yet with a preppy twist, an airy open knit sweater works for style and warmth when seaside. I love it layered up with your favorite button-up or tank over a classic cutoff. Wear back to navy or stripes, bright white denim and espadrilles for traditional nautical flair.
3. Enza Costa Sleeveless Blouse: A favorite trend for summer, the sleeveless blouse can work buttoned-up or a little undone. Tuck it into a chino short and back to pumps for Sunday brunch or a little tousled with cutoffs and bikini for an afternoon in the surf and sand. (See this week’s post on sleeveless blouses for more of this trend!).
4. J Brand Cutoffs Shorts: J Brand does the American classic justice. A perfect five-pocket style with frayed cuffs, their cutoff captures girl-next-door simplicity. We love the fresh white wash of these, which works back to a neutral knit or a bright colorblocked top.
5. Chloe Snake Print Bikini: Stand out in the crowd with a snakeskin print. Bikinis are not for the bashful, so go all out whether it be with a bold print or an eye-catching color. A sexy layer underneath a sheer sleeveless blouse like the Enza Costa above.
6. Karen Walker Helter Skelter Sunglasses: Whether you’re all dressed up for sunset cocktails or grabbing a Saturday morning coffee by the beach, these Karen Walker sunglasses are so classic that they go with any look. Our favorite pair for keeping packing accessories to a minimum! Their tortoiseshell frames work back to any color scheme.
7. Made Her Think Tooth n Skull Necklace: Tribal style meets summer style with this statement necklace. Tiny pyrite skulls are interspersed among long resin teeth. Dress up a simple tank with this piece or wear back to your favorite maxi dress.
8. Ancient Greek Sandals Circe T Strap Flat Sandals: The designer name says it all. A style so classic it’s been stylish for ages, these Greek sandals bring the glory of the Mediterranean kingdom to any place your bound. Wrap them over ankles to showcase a pair of lovely tanned legs.
9. Mar Y Sol Baja Oversized Tote: For the sea and for the sun, this designer brings style to the great outdoors with their take on a woven tote. Handmade with great attention to detail, it’s styled with an intricate pattern and fun colored pom poms. Extra large to tote all your weekend essentials!
Just glancing through Jaime King’s latest looks and it’s not hard to see why fashionistas are drawn to the beautiful Hart of Dixie star. This girl exudes modern glamour!
The model/actress has a great affection for designers like Jason Wu, Christian Louboutin and Proenza Schouler. It’s not just wearing such labels that make Jaime fashion star — it’s her style that’s totally irresistible and yet relatable. She always delivers a timelessly elegant, playful combination of modern and ladylike. She refers to her style as ‘eclectic meets classic.’ I particularly love this sporty and sassy look Jamie shared on her Twitter.
Here, Jaime rocks the must have wedge sneaker. A trend worth picking up, the wedge sneaker is a great way to dress up an afternoon look. The shoes do indeed make the outfit, adding a fresh spin to this jeans and top combo.
To get this outfit, mix up a wedge sneaker with dark skinnies and a layered lace top. Sweep your hair up in a high bun and choose a structured ivory bag to add a little glam. Finish with simple nude makeup and neutral brown eyeshadow to keep things in line with the sporty vibe of Jaime’s sneakers.
1. Ash Cool Blue Multi Suede Velcro Sneaker: Street chic. Go sporty with baby blue and navy suede. A velcro closure and high top makes Ash’s kicks too cool for school. Finished with a wedge heel, these shoes can transform any outfit into a street chic look.
2. Jason Wu Daphne Satchel: Mix it up! Who would have thought that sneakers and a satchel would work so well together? This structured bag gives this whole look an extra shot of glam and makes the high wedge heel of the sneakers look all the more intentional. A structured satchel works back to so many looks this season!
3. MiH Jeans Boston Mid-rise Straight Leg Jean: The deep blue wash of the MiH jeans works back to the navy blue of the Ash sneaker, tying the shoe into the whole outfit. A wardrobe staple for sure, a pair of dark denim straight leg jeans is a must-have for any girl. Work them day to night and season to season.
4. Alexa Chung for Madewell Patrice Top: Lace is another unexpected pairing for a pair of sneakers, but we adore it with Jaime’s look. Layered over a matching tank, it adds girly-girl charm to a pair of jeans, but can work as a sexy nighttime top when paired with a mini or leather legging.
5. Maybelline Color Tattoo Creme Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze: Jaime works a simple nude face, but brings out her eyes with this deep bronze-brown eyeshadow. Maybelline’s Color Tattoo line has 24 hour coverage, which works well for an outfit that can work day to night like this one!
Our philosophy of summer style is that warm weather calls for three things: effortless dressing, pieces that keep you cool, and showing a little skin. Check. Check. Check. The trending sleeveless blouse fulfills each tenet perfectly, and that’s why we’re featuring it today. Whether you opt for a playful printed blouse over flares, like Hilary Duff, or tuck your tidy button-up into a pencil skirt, the sleeveless blouse is a versatile building block for any summer wardrobe. Go retro glam by knotting one over a pair of hot pants and espadrilles or go girl on the go with a bright button-up over shorts and pumps.
1. A.L.C. Juli Printed Silk Georgette Blouse: Pairing her A.L.C. Juli Blouse with navy flares and a wrist full of beaded bracelets, Hilary Duff embraces this trend effortlessly. Perfect for girls night out or dinner with the hubbie, this flattering style can also be tucked into a black pencil skirt for an office look.
2. Equipment Diem Tie Front Blouse: Tie it up! Going completely retro, you can tie this cherry red top over dark denim high-waisted shorts and your favorite espadrilles. Patch pockets and a crisp collar keep things on the sporty side. Take your 4th of July look up a stylish notch and bring this outfit to the annual BBQ!
3. Diane von Furstenberg Rina Tank: Delicately printed floral silk and drapes of fabric come together for a top worthy of a garden party, summer wedding or dinner party. Pair with a complementing skirt or wear weekend back to skinnies. A sophisticated twist on the trend.
4. A.L.C. Gracie Top: Somewhere between tangerine and lemon yellow, this top is a tangy treat. Tuck into crisp shorts for a girl’s night out or flared denim for running errands. Sweet shoulder pleating, a deep v-neckline, and a swing shape make this a flirty choice for any summer day.
5. Joie Lubov Top: Wear it a million ways. The boho girl will wear it back to boyfriends and an armful of bracelets. The uptown girl will take it to the office with a pencil skirt and pumps. The romantic will bring it back to sweet floral shorts and a navy blazer. A blush pink color complements most skin tones, while pleating, a relaxed fit and a split neck works back to any look.
Ladylike chic is in full bloom for summer with garden party flair. Think prim and proper with a modern twist, like romantic tea dresses in bold hues or feminine separates adorned with English roses. Accessories go lush in rich textures and deluxe finishes, perfect with delicate sandals for classic polish! Add some shine in bold gold accessories, and your outfit is complete for a garden party or outdoor wedding. Summer beauty is in full bloom with this mix of fuchsia, green and gold!
1. Anya Hindmarch Green Woven Leather Clutch: Gorgeous in green. Lush and luxe, this leaf green clutch calls to mind natural textures with its woven finish. A convertible strap-to-clutch body makes this bag work from daytime garden party to nighttime cocktails. Finished with a tassel, top zip closure, and fold-over styling.
2. Sophie Theallet Orchid 4 Ply Silk Crepe Pencil Skirt: Usually reserved for the office, the pencil skirt goes ultra chic and feminine in a floaty silk crepe fabrication and bold orchid pink. Pair with a complementing bold color for a colorblocked effect or back to neutrals for a classic finish. Its high waist and draped hip detailing showcase your curves.
3. Alexis Bittar Crystal Encrusted Gold-Channeled Bracelet: Channel your inner sparkle with some outer bling. Alexis Bittar fills her gold-channeled bracelet with crystal inlays. A modern classic, this bold gold accessory will be your go-to finish for seasons to come.
4. Alberta Ferretti Hot Pink Silk Godet Dress: Too hot to trot. We’re waiting for the English fashionistas to break out in this style for their royal weddings. A conservative silhouette is elevated to fashion-forward status in hot pink. Cut with a draped neckline, gauzy overlay and knee-grazing hem.
5. Matthew Williamson Mint Draped Silk Dress: Prints a-plenty. This delicate green print is draped to perfection. An asymmetrical draped sleeve contrasts beautifully with a draped waist and cowl-like neckline. An easy-breezy garden party look when paired with an over-sized hat and your favorite summer sandals.
6. Anya Hindmarch Green and White Straw Sun Hat: Scalloped white stripes add retro flair to this on-trend floppy hat. Pair with any printed frock for an outdoor wedding to keep the sun off your face, but second glances coming all day long. Green straw with over-sized brim and contrast trim.
Pooch and purse in arms, Ashley Tisdale takes on her day in an fresh look for summer. A go-to outfit for running errands, a backyard BBQ or having lunch with the girls, Tisdale goes urban cowgirl with her All-American blue denim and white blouse. A nubby leather bootie with a stacked heel adds to the down-home charm, while a posh quilted purse gives this look an glam finish. To steal her look for less, pair denim blue cutoffs with a floaty white blouse, brown booties, and a girly edge, like a glam bag or stack of gold bangles.
1. Sam Edelman Petty Boot: A go-to bootie for outfits and seasons to come, Sam Edelman’s Petty Bootie is an instant classic with its olive brown color, nubby finish, and stacked leather heel. A side zipper ensures a snug fit, and an always-classic almond toe guarantees years of wearability. Pair with shorts and skinnies, even a flirty floral dress (think Taylor Swift’s sweet country style).
2. Big Buddha Zoe Bag: Go quilted to capture Ashley’s So Cal glam. Quilted bags are all the rage, from classic Chanel to this affordable Big Buddha bag. Finished with tassels and glammed up with gold chain straps, this bag can be carried over the shoulder with its cross body strap or in hand with its double handles. Pair with any look, summer to fall, for a polished finish.
3. GAP 1969 Raw Edge Denim Shorts: All-American. It doesn’t get more summer in the States than denim blue cutoffs. Whether you choose your shorts with a raw edge or roll ‘em up like Tisdale, get an ultra fresh look when you pair them with white. GAP makes theirs with a raw edge, button fly and slight stretch for the perfect fit.
4. Old Navy Split Neck Button Front Top: Unbelievably affordable, star style is yours with this split neck top from Old Navy. A tunic cut is fresh with a long, slim body, button cuffs and a breezy split neck. Its lightweight gauze fabrication makes it an easy-breezy throw-on-and-go with cutoffs or over your swimwear.
Summer’s not over, but the hottest pieces of the season are on sale! Score the steals now, especially if you’ve been craving a trend just beyond your pocketbook’s reach. Many of these picks have months of wear left in them, since June is only half over. Our suggestions include a color-popping blazer, a statement necklace, a playful dress, a mod aviator, a floppy sunhat, a blue printed scarf, and a colorblock blouse. For style that is summer 2012, pick up these sales now!
1. Elizabeth and James Spring Jim Blazer: Color is everywhere this summer, and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get a full dose of coral pink with the Elizabeth and James Jim Blazer. Victoria Justice wore hers back to a matching short, but feel free to mix it up with a white short, a black skinny or a navy pencil skirt. Tailored fit.
2. Dannijo Brass Art Necklace: Make a statement in brass. Its warm tone brightens up any evening look, but its casual nature brings a cool vibe to the daylight hours. Pop this piece on over a simple tee or wear it back to a cocktail dress; its cluster of orbs makes it a statement making medallion.
3. Jay Ahr Beige Lace Flared Mini Dress: Girl on the go. Wear this flirty flock a dozen different ways, each of them styled for summer. Pair its full skirt and drop waist with a blazer and pumps for brunch, over your bikini for the beach, with flats for sightseeing, and with killer heels for cocktail hour. This dress capitalizes on the floral lace trend with its stunning ivory overlay.
4. Tod’s Matte Chocolate Metal Sunglasses: A modern twist on a classic shape, Tod’s aviators get a fashion-forward edge with slim chocolate brown metal frames, dark lenses, and an extra large size. Wear with everything, until the summer sun sets!
5. Etro Red Multicolor Striped Hat: Soft hemp fibers are woven together with color and flair. This playful striped hat looks fabulous poolside with your caftan and bikini and is a stylish way to get sun protection. Ultra wide brim for optimum Hollywood glam.
6. Balmain White Modal and Cashmere Blend Scarf: As seen on Jennifer Aniston this week! Blue and white is one of the hottest color combos of the summer, managing to be both fresh and classic, playful and elegant at the same time. Get your fix with this wear-with-all scarf. An ultra luxe modal-cashmere blend is done up in a stunning blue and white print.
7. Sophie Theallet Orchid/Tangerine Crinkle Silk Chiffon Top: Cute colorblocks. This sweet little blouse is a standout with its orchid purple and tangerine orange colorblocks. Delicate black piping frames the whole pretty piece perfectly. Pair this top with a skirt for night or lil’ black skinnies for day. Crinkled silk chiffon adds to the laid-back summer vibe of this top.
Polish your look with a lightweight jacket this spring. Whether it be a sporty parka, a tailored tweed, a classic trench or a mod moto, a jacket adds the final layer of personal style to your look. Pick a jacket that reflects your personality, then work it for office or play, night or day. Pull your look together for those chilly mornings, windy spring afternoons or crisp nights by mixing big trends with classic lines: pop colors, metallic sheens, cropped cuts, and asymmetrical closures.
1. Gap Lightweight Nylon Parka:
A twist of tangerine and a pop of orange, citrus hues infuse fresh, tangy color sense into any look. This lightweight parka pairs well as a throw-on for yoga class, over jeans for errands, or as a casual layer over a more polished piece, like a workwear sheath or floral sundress.
2. IRO Haven Jacket with Zippers:
Mad men meets mod styling in the Haven Jacket. An asymmetrical zip front, zip pockets, and zip wrists fast forward this tidy, tweed-looking jacket. A logical choice for the office, this jacket also works back to denim or leather for night or weekend.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Brice Coat:
Composed enough for the Queen, classic enough for Jacket O. This clean-lined trench coat is also made ultra chic with the addition of citron hems and lining. Layer over your pumps and pencil skirt, a coat this cute brings fun to your work week.
4. Old Navy Cropped Trench Coat:
Toss aside your black peacoat and make way for a vibrant yellow trench. Old Navy’s cropped coat works all week long with its smart tailoring and fun color. Finished with preppy details like tabbed epaulets at shoulders and an eight-button double-breasted front.
5. Topshop Metallic Drape Biker Jacket:
Metallic mania. Every wardrobe needs a shot of metal, whether it be a metallic flat or a bronzed biker jacket. Wearable for day, but most fun by night, use this lightweight jacket over a frilly top and leather leggings or a racy red dress. Finished with asymmetrical zip and D-ring detail at collar.
Girl in the city. Girl meets guy. Girl celebrates with friends. Girl on vacation. Whatever your short story, a pair of shorts will get you from beginning to end as the fashionable heroine. Ditch denim blue and opt for optic orange, a pretty print, a cute crochet, classic cream or tangy teal. Bold colors, feminine textures like lace or crochet, and any print under the sun is the way to begin your summertime story.
1. Topshop MOTO Embellished Gem Hotpants: Very vintage. The hot pant is back and better than ever. A high waist paired with a slim silhouette makes for a curve-hugging fit. Done up in jewel print, these pants look fabulous paired with a silk blouse or a tank and blazer.
2. Old Navy Women’s Denim Cut-off Shorts in Serpenteal: Go bold or go home. Denim is anything but a wallflower this year. Whether you pick a deep teal like these affordable shorts from Old Navy or a hot pink, make sure you opt for color. These cut-offs with frayed edges go well with your bikini and a printed tank for a day on the beach or boardwalk.
3. Parker Silk Ruffle Short: Olivia Palermo hits the city streets of New York in these amazing Parker shorts. Navy and orange zig zags, two ultra hot colors in one trendy print, come together in delicate double front ruffles making these shorts a sure-fire standout. Layer on a navy blazer or wear just like Palermo with a creamy ruffled blouse and orange flats.
4. Rag & Bone Pascal Short: The Pascal short brings to mind two things: a classic cream tuxedo and vintage sailor pants. Either way two very iconic ideas are made trendy. A grosgrain ribbon makes up the waistband, while delicate buttons and slant pockets grace the front.
5. Tory Burch Shearer Shorts: Pop colors make for playful adventures. Tory Burch does her orange shorts up in straight lines with on-seam front pockets and flat back welt pockets. Tuck in a button-up and throw on some espadrilles for a pulled together playtime look.
6. Club Monaco Diaz Lace Shorts: Lovely in lace. Want a romantic storyline? The Diaz Lace Shorts are perfect for date night or a special occasion. A fitted short is given graceful lines with the addition of a lace overlay and scalloped hem. Pair with peep toe pumps or Mary Jane’s.
Today’s inspiration comes from a very inspiring destination: the Mayan Riviera. The white sand beaches of Cancun, the warm tropical waters of the Caribbean, and the colorful culture of Mexico are calling us to vibrant styles. Start your style with white, as pure as summer sunlight, in rompers, shorts, and flirty skirts. Then add intricate Mexican prints and embroidery, in a trim, shoe or all-out jacket. Finish with cayenne red and turquoise blue stones, colored leathers, and an armful of beaded bracelets.
1. Mara Hoffman Embroidered Romper: For a romp in the sand or afterhours fun, this Mara Hoffman romper is the essence of the Mayan Riviera. Its body is set-off by traditional embroidery, braided straps, and a button front. Pair with woven sandals by day, espadrilles by night.
2. Rory Beca Samoa Embroidered Shorts: Fresh sky blue shorts are made extra special with an embroidered waistline. Show off the intricate patterning by tucking in a blouse or tank. These gym-style shorts are uber comfortable so they are great for travel, over your swimsuit or as an comfy alternative to that bandage-style cocktail dress.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Becky Printed Jacket: After vacation is over, bring home the vibrant colors of your travels. This printed jacket brings vibrance to the workplace, as a twist on the blazer or a colorful cover-up for nightwear. Silk blazer with shawl collar and pointed front hem.
4. Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent Sage Embroidered Ballet Flats: Flirty feet. Cobalt blue is accented by turquoise, pink, and green embroidery. Paired back to boyfriends or a flirty skirt, you’ll be sad to kick these off to play in the sand.
5. Vanessa Mooney Twist of Fate Bracelet: Just one? You’ll want arm-fulls of this lovely bracelet. Vintage-y brass is set with pink and blue glass beads. The perfect complement to any tanned wrist!
6. Cleobella Cantina Medium Bag: Lunch at the cantina or drinks in the cabana, this bright green carry-all is like the lime in your Mexican beer. A twist of tang, it gives off an authentic vibe with its perforated detailing and whipstitched edges.
7. Juliet & Company Retro Color Earrings: Caliente! Spice up your look with these cayenne red earrings. Their deep red color comes from faceted resin stones hung on brass hooks. Throw them in to heat up any night!
8. push by PUSHMATAaHA Small Monarch Ring: Turquoise is Mexico’s signature stone. No outfit inspired by this destination is complete without a touch of turquoise. A sterling silver band is set with deep blue turquoise and surrounded by scalloped brass.
Source from: http://blog.celebritystyleguide.com/
21 total views, no views today